Monday, May 12

A Quick Update

Hello loyal readers. So my mom made it home safe and sound. It was really great to see her, and it seems as though she really enjoyed herself here as well. It's nice to get a little repose from the constant traveling and sightseeing of the last three-and-a-half weeks, though. School is winding down soon, and I have a lot of work to do, but not too much. I'm hoping to travel all over Egypt during the next few weekends before I come home. I've still got a lot to see.

In other news, I finally got the chance to update To Helwan and Back with pictures and fix the typos and generally pretty it up. The text is essentially the same, so if you've already read it, don't worry about that, but you should definitely go back and see the last few pictures. 'Cuz they're AMAZING.

Also, this article is about a month old, but it's a must-read. Now you'll all understand if Peter and I come back and have trouble hearing things. Makes me proud.

Sorry it's taken us so long to post something significant about our trip. I got back and had a lot of work to do on top of my mom being here, but stuff has cooled down a little now, so I should be able to pop out at least an entry or two about it this weekend, though we are planning a short trip to Port Said. I'm gonna be catching up on this blog until July!

To placate you all, I've included a video of my mom getting on a camel at the Pyramids. Teeheehee.


No comments: